All electronic communication systems, including but not limited to telephones whether cellular phones or landlines, facsimile machines, photocopying machines, scanners, WiFi, internet and email systems, computer networks, laptop or desktop computers, computer peripherals, servers, diskettes, CD’s, DVDs, discs, flash drives, external drives or other physical and cloud-based storage devices, computer software and other computer hardware, computer and cloud-based applications, and other similar systems, provided or otherwise owned by Lyceum of the Philippines University-Batangas (LPU-B) regardless of its location (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “System”), and all messages, communications, data, documents, and information, in whatever format, transmitted through, received from, or stored in the System (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Content”) are the properties of LPU-B.
Use by officers, employees and faculty (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Employees”) of the System and the Content is not a matter of right but only by permission of LPU-B. In view of this, the System and the Content shall be used solely for official university related purposes.
All the Content used in the System are subject to inspection, monitoring, copying, verification and review by LPU-B at any time and without need of notice. The Content may be used for such purposes as LPU-B may deem proper. .
Use of the System and Content are recorded and LPU-B has the prerogative to monitor and examine these logs. With respect to software used in the System, all Employees are advised that, only the Management Information Systems Department (MISD) can install and maintain all licensed software. Unless otherwise instructed by the undersigned, the technical support personnel of MISD are the only authorized personnel who will address any problem in the System.
- Access, use or attempting to access or use websites, including but not limited to proxy and tunnel websites, peer to peer websites, streaming media websites, gaming websites, pornographic websites, social networking websites, blogs, chat rooms, and other similar websites, which are not related or required to the work to be performed or for personal or private purposes is prohibited.
- Making any discriminatory, disparaging, defamatory, or harassing comments about LPU-B or any of its Employees using the System is prohibited.
- Important data, documents and information stored in the System shall not be accessed, copied, deleted or altered without prior authorization of LPU-B.
- No copyrighted or confidential publication, article, documents, communications, messages, data, information, software, internal correspondence, trade secrets or other materials of LPU-B shall be disclosed, downloaded or uploaded or transmitted to any party or website without prior authorization of LPU-B.
- Downloading, copying, installing, or using any software or data in violation of applicable intellectual property laws, including but not limited to piracy, illegal downloading, file sharing, use or distribution of music, movies, software, computer games or any other digital media through the System is prohibited.
- Computer software or hardware, IP addresses, LAN or other similar facilities either owned by LPU-B or personal shall not be installed, altered, reconfigured, changed or reformatted without prior authority from MISD.
- Failing to log off any secure, controlled-access computer or other form of electronic data system to which an employee is assigned, and leaving computer or system unattended is prohibited.
- Giving personal passwords or access to other Employees or unauthorized person or obtaining any other person’s password by any unauthorized means is prohibited.
- Use of personalized screen savers or backgrounds in desktop or laptop computers is prohibited. Only screen savers or backgrounds authorized by LPU-B shall be allowed.
- Use, access, uploading, downloading or transmitting through the System any lewd, indecent or offensive material based on sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability, “spam” or forwarded e-mail, chain letters, text messages, web pages, pictures, instant messages, voice mail, or other similar kinds of electronic messages is prohibited.
- Introduction, downloading, uploading or transmission of any virus, worm, trojan horse, or other code or file or act designed to damage, disrupt, disable, or impair the System is prohibited.
- All Employees shall protect and secure the System and shall immediately inform LPU-B of any threats to or risks affecting the System.
- Hacking or unauthorized copying or access to any website, database, desktop or laptop computer, cellular phone, email address, password, or similar systems is prohibited.
- Use of alternate service providers for internet connection to the System is not allowed, except in case of prior authorization and clearance by LPU-B.
- Forging, misrepresenting, obscuring, suppressing, or replacing a user identity on any electronic communication to mislead the recipient about the sender is prohibited.
- Using abusive, profane, threatening, racist, sexist, or otherwise objectionable language in either public or private message is prohibited.
- Engaging in any activity, through use of the System or the Content, that may harm or tarnish the image, reputation and/or goodwill of LPU-B and/or its Employees is prohibited.
Penalties for offenses committed against this Policy, ranging from suspension to termination from employment, will be meted to erring officers, employees or faculty following the procedures stipulated in the Employees Manual after due process, without prejudice to such criminal action against said officer, employee or faculty as may be appropriate under the prevailing circumstances.
This Policy version 2.0 shall take effect on August 1, 2018.
Peter P. Laurel