WHAT WE COLLECT AND WHY
LPU collects and subsequently processes personal information by:
- Registration and Inquiry. If you choose to register as a student applicant and inquire about any programs we offer, we will collect basic information such as complete name, email address, telephone number, etc.
- Auto-collected information like web The following information is also automatically collected: The Internet domain and IP address from which you accessed our website, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visited on our site. This information helps us understand aggregate uses of our site, track usage trends, and improve our services but only after any user-identifiable information has been removed.
Cookies are files that many websites transfer to users’ hard drives to enable the site to deliver personalized services or to provide persistent authentication. The information contained in a cookie typically includes information collected automatically by the web server and/or information provided voluntarily by the user. Our website uses persistent cookies to analyze search engine usage and web traffic patterns. This information is used in the aggregate to monitor and enhance our web page. It is not used to track the usage patterns of individual users.
LPU is committed to ensuring the security of your information. We have put in place reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to prevent unauthorized access to or use of the information collected online.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We will not share your information with third parties except:
- As permitted or required by law
- As necessary to protect the University’s interests
- With service providers acting on our behalf who have agreed to protect the confidentiality of the data
DISCLAIMER AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This site may contain links to other websites and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these sites. . If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Kindly check the privacy policies before you submit any personal data to these websites,
CHANGES TO STATEMENT
The Data Protection Officer
Lyceum of the Philippines University
Capitol Site, Batangas City
Tel No. (043) 723-0706 loc 165
Version 1.4 10/23/17