1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 piece lemon & zest
salt & pepper
1 lb Blue Swimming Crab Lump Meat
½ cup normal breadcrumbs
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
half stick butter
for the Aioli:
1 piece garlic clove
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
around 600 ml extra virgin olive oil
Lemon Juice & zest
Fresh Dill, chopped
1. Beat eggs in a bowl and add parsley, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, lemon juice and seasoning. Mix well.
2. Gently fold in crabmeat and normal breadcrumbs until mixture is no longer moist.
3. Gently make 6-8 balls out of the mixture then flatten into thick patties.
4. Lightly coat the patties in panko breadcrumbs and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Fry in butter until golden brown. Squeeze lemon when done.
For the Aioli:
1. Smash garlic and salt in a large bowl (or pestle and mortar).
2. Combine with egg yolk and mustard. Mix together.
3. Start adding the olive oil little by little, whisking continuously.
4. Add the lemon juice/zest, and dill.
5. Season to taste.