(For Graduate School Students)
The SLRC aims to support the educational program of the institution. It is planned for the use of faculty, students and employees. Since the SLRC is the basic source of learning materials for every department, all are enjoined to make full use of its facilities and resources, keeping in mind the following rules and regulations.
A. BORROWING REGULATIONS
- The school I. D. has to be scanned at the control desk upon entering the SLRC. Faculty members and non-teaching personnel with damaged I. D. which cannot be read by the barcode scanner are required to print their names temporarily in the logbook of SLRC users.
- The school I. D. card must be presented at the Circulation/Reserved counter every time a user borrows or returns a book or other SLRC materials.
- Borrowing privileges are not transferable and must be exercised personally.
- Reference books, periodicals, newspapers, clippings, book in sets are for room use only however, these may be allowed to be loaned out for photocopy by signing the application for Xerox.
- Theses and dissertations are to be used inside the SLRC premises only and are not allowed for photocopy.
B. LOAN PERIOD
- The students may borrow 5 books at a time in the Circulation Section for home reading for 7 days and may be renewed, if there are no prior request.
- Books in the Reserved Section may be borrowed and read inside the SLRC on a one hour loan. These may be drawn for overnight use at 5:00 p.m. and are to be returned not later than 8:00 o’clock the following morning.
- Reserved books for overnight will not be lent out on weekends so that they can be ready for use on Mondays.
- Any book on loan may be recalled if:
- book is to be placed on “Reserved” for a course or is to be given shorter loan period;
- it is overdue;
- the SLRC is conducting the mandated annual inventory.
C. OVERDUE BOOKS AND FINES
- A corresponding fine per day, excluding Sundays and Holidays, is charged for each overdue book.
D. LOST AND DAMAGED BOOKS
- Every borrower must examine the book or other materials he/she borrows and report immediately to the librarian any damage to the book, e.g., torn or missing pages before leaving the SLRC.
- Lost or damaged books must be replaced within a semester.
- Lost or damaged books which are out –of-print may be replaced with a copy of the same subject or latest edition acceptable to and approved by the librarian.
- Any lost books must be reported immediately so that chargeable fine will not accumulate.
E. DISCIPLINARY MEASURES
- Taking any book, periodicals, clippings or other SLRC materials out of the SLRC without having them checked and recorded at the Circulation desk is a serious violation of rules and regulations. The person concerned will be reported to the Office of the Dean of Graduate School for disciplinary action and will forfeit his/her SLRC privileges for one month.
- Likewise, defacing, tearing, damaging a book, periodical or other reading materials are serious violations of school rules and regulations.
- Silence must be observed at all times. Use of cell phone, walkman, digital cameras, MP3, MP4, and other gadgets that may disrupt the operation of the SLRC may not be allowed inside the SLRC.
- Chatting, smoking, eating, sleeping, singing, drinking and public display of affection are absolutely prohibited. Each student is requested to help keep the SLRC neat and orderly.
- Users leaving the SLRC should present their things for inspection to the authorized personnel assigned at the Check-out Counter.
- Disciplinary measures are imposed upon students on the following violations:
- overdue books – book fines
- Defacing, damaging a book and unauthorized taking out of SLRC materials
- one semester suspension
- Chatting, eating, sleeping, singing, drinking and smoking, use of cell phone, public display of affection
- 1 month suspension (2nd time)
- one semester suspension (3rd time)
- Using another student’s I. D.
- one month suspension* (1st time)
- one semester suspension* (2nd time)
- both students (lender and borrower) will be reported to the Dean ofthe Graduate School
- Browsing, downloading, indecent materials and other restricted internet websites
- 1 month suspension (1st time)
- one semester suspension (2nd time)
- Suspension of SLRC privileges