Lyceum of the Philippines University – Batangas in its consistent pursuit of quality and excellence is granted by the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA) the prestigious INSTITUTIONAL ACCREDITED STATUS.
Among the eligibility criteria for the Institutional Accredited Status are as follows:
- The Arts and Sciences, Business and Education programs should have been granted Level III reaccredited status. For stand alone or monolithic institutions which do not offer the traditional courses such as Arts and Sciences, Business and Education, its core program/s must be on Level III status. At least one of the programs should have been granted level IV accredited status;
- 75% of the HEI’s program offerings should be accredited. The accredited programs may have Level I or Level II status. Programs where there are no existing evaluation instruments will not be included in the computation;
- majority of the total student population should be enrolled in the accredited programs. New program offerings which do not have graduates yet, will not be included in the computation;
- the performance of graduates in licensure examinations in the accredited programs should be at par with or above the national passing average for at least five consecutive board examinations;
- the HEI should have well developed quality assurance mechanisms.
LPU Batangas even exceeded the requirement that 75% of its programs must be accredited as LPU-B obtained the academic scorecard of 80%.
LPU-B owes to it to its people who have exhibited competence, commitment, credibility and collaboration with each other to make LPU-B the institution it is today. This is also a clear manifestation of the strong and effective leadership of the President, Dr. Peter P. Laurel, and the entire management team.
LPU-Batangas is the first in the Region to receive the Institutional Accredited Status. Currently, there are only 5 educational institutions throughout the country which have received this award.