Lyceum of the Philippines University, an institution of higher learning, inspired by the ideals of Philippine President Jose P. Laurel, is committed to the advancement of his philosophy and values: “Veritas et Fortitudo” (truth and fortitude) and “Pro Deo et Patria” (for God and Country).
To be a recognized university in the Asia Pacific Region by 2022
LPU-B, espousing the ideals of Jose P. Laurel, is dedicated to the holistic development of the individual constantly in pursuit of truth and acts with fortitude (Veritas Et Fortitudo) to serve God and country (Pro Deo Et Patria). It is committed to provide quality education and develop leaders, lifelong learners and globally competitive professionals who possess the 4C’s – competence, commitment, credibility and collaboration.
Institutional Core Values
LPU-B aims to develop and strengthen the following core values:
G – God Centeredness
L – Leadership
I – Integrity
N – Nationalism
Institutional Learning Outcomes
LPU has identified the institutional learning outcomes which represent the qualities that all LPU students should possess when they graduate. These outcomes are anchored on the 4C’s: competence, commitment, credibility and collaboration.
A. Competent Learners
- Communication – Express ideas clearly and effectively in oral and written communication; demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
- Computer & IT Literacy – Demonstrate knowledge and skills related to computer and information technology and utilize the same to process information and manage data observing legal and ethical concerns.
- Entrepreneurial – Engage in projects and activities using basic knowledge and skills in business management, entrepreneurship and finance management.
- Lifelong learning and global Skills – Demonstrate understanding of responsibility for environmental, local and global issues and utilize lifelong learning strategies and practical skills for life, survival and leadership.
- Interpersonal Skills – Demonstrate interpersonal skills through effective listening, establishing rapport, monitoring non-verbal signals and expressing awareness of and respect for self and others using a variety of written, oral and non-verbal communication media.
- Innovation and Research Skills – Define and apply different types of thinking and research skills and employ innovative strategies to solve real life situations; explore new challenges and conduct researches that are beneficial to the community.
B. Committed Achievers
- Set specific – realistic and challenging goals and accomplish tasks and goals with discipline, determination and sense of urgency.
- Strive for excellence by providing continuous improvement and producing quality output.
C. Credible and Values-driven Leaders and Members
- Manifest faith in the Supreme Being / Creator
- Identify and recognize personal, moral and spiritual values and beliefs
- Determine decisions, actions and consequences after thoroughly examining multiple perspectives (individual, community, national, global)
- Practice honesty, fairness and transparency in dealing with others.
D. Collaborative and Caring Team Leaders / Members
- Identify and apply knowledge of personal and group processes skills in specific tasks in resolving conflicts.
- Build relationships to support group effectiveness by being open, cooperative, flexible and respectful of others and being a team player.
- Accept diversity and demonstrate respect for difference in acceptance of cultures, ideas, opinions and beliefs.
- Participate actively in uplifting the welfare of the community especially the less privileged sectors.
Comments are closed.